Hi Jonathan, There is unfortunately no way to delete a bucket. More on that later.
If you are in a prototyping phase and are willing to stop Riak, you would stop services and delete the data stored in whatever backend you're using (/var/lib/riak/bitcask for example). Alternatively, there is this python code floating around: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14531708/how-can-i-delete-a-riak-bucket-in-python More on buckets - I appreciate how it was summarize on this StackOverflow question [1]: A bucket doesn't really exist. It is only a namespace that contains behaviors and settings to use when reading or storing keys. You can reset the bucket to default settings, but this does not remote it from listings. In order to remove the data, you would need to delete each key. More on buckets can be found here [2]. You could also consider stopping Riak and restarting as mentioned here [3]. [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29235257/how-do-you-delete-an-entire-bucket-in-riak-2-0-using-curl [2] http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/bucket-types/ [3] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27567451/how-to-deactivate-or-delete-a-bucket-type-in-riak ᐧ Matt Brender | Developer Advocacy Lead Basho Technologies t: @mjbrender c: +1 617.817.3195 On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Jonathan Joseph <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > I am evaluating Riak for my employer and need to rename a bucket-type. I > think that it would also be useful to be able to delete bucket-types. > > In order to delete a bucket-type, do I need to stop Riak and delete the data > for the bucket-type? If so, what exactly would I delete (under > /var/lib/riak)? Or is there another way to remove a bucket-type? > > Thanks, > Jonathan > > > _______________________________________________ > riak-users mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com > _______________________________________________ riak-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
