Dear group,

Our application connects to a Riak cluster via a load balancer (Radware
Alteon), and we encounter problems whenever a Riak connection stays
inactive for a while. What we think happens is that the load balancer
removes its session that corresponds to the connection without closing the
connection itself. Later on it tries to re-establish the connection with
the same source port, but the Riak server seems to ignore the request,
probably because it didn't close the old connection on its side.

1. Does it make sense?
2. Does anyone have experience using Riak with a load balancer?
3. Are there configuration parameters to enable closing idle connections on
the server side?

Thanks,
Vitaly