Congrats on the configure running. I will ask around concerning best practices and get back to you tomorrow.
Is your /mnt/slow a remote mount? If so, what details can you share? Sent from my iPhone > On Jun 8, 2015, at 2:58 PM, Joe Olson <[email protected]> wrote: > > Matthew - I got it to work. Setting the filesystem rights to 777 got it to > start. I thought starting Riak as root would allow writing to the filesystem, > but I guess not. > > Do most people run riak as an OS user "riak"? What is best practice here? > > Thanks for all your help. > > > > From: "Matthew Von-Maszewski" <[email protected]> > To: "Joe Olson" <[email protected]> > Cc: "riak-users" <[email protected]> > Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 11:40:56 AM > Subject: Re: LevelDB > > Odd. > > The tree builds fine, including the lock file, once the config was good: > > /mnt > ├── fast > │ └── leveldb > │ ├── 0 > │ │ ├── CURRENT > │ │ ├── LOCK > │ │ ├── LOG > │ │ ├── MANIFEST-000002 > │ │ ├── sst_0 > │ │ ├── sst_1 > │ │ ├── sst_2 > │ │ └── sst_3 > │ ├── 1096126227998177188652763624537212264741949407232 > │ │ ├── CURRENT > │ │ ├── LOCK > │ │ ├── LOG > │ │ ├── MANIFEST-000002 > │ │ ├── sst_0 > │ │ ├── sst_1 > │ │ ├── sst_2 > │ │ └── sst_3 > > ├── slow > │ └── leveldb > │ ├── 0 > │ │ ├── sst_4 > │ │ ├── sst_5 > │ │ └── sst_6 > │ ├── 1096126227998177188652763624537212264741949407232 > │ │ ├── sst_4 > │ │ ├── sst_5 > │ │ └── sst_6 > > What, if anything is Riak building in your tree? Again, I had to create the > leveldb directory in each path manually. Did a chmod a+rwx on directories > fast, slow, fast/leveldb, and slow/leveldb. Then started the code and waited. > > I was getting your LOCK crash before I added the data_root line to the config. > > Matthew > > P.S. It may be hours before I respond again. Heading to the airport now. > > > On Jun 8, 2015, at 12:24 PM, Joe Olson <[email protected]> wrote: > > Also, I am testing as follows: make the changes to riak.conf, start riak as > root,wait a few minutes and issue a 'riak ping' as root. Riak usually starts > for 10-15 seconds, and then crashes (doesn't respond to the ping anymore) > > > > From: "Joe Olson" <[email protected]> > To: "Matthew Von-Maszewski" <[email protected]> > Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 11:22:24 AM > Subject: Re: LevelDB > > I think our email just crossed each other. Let me try again. > > > > From: "Joe Olson" <[email protected]> > To: "Matthew Von-Maszewski" <[email protected]> > Cc: "riak-users" <[email protected]> > Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 11:21:26 AM > Subject: Re: LevelDB > > Matt - thanks for the support. > > Adding > leveldb.data_root=“./leveldb” > > results in > "IO error: > /mnt/fast/./leveldb/91343852333181432387730302044767688728495783936/LOCK: No > such file or directory" > > Changing it to > leveldb.data_root=“leveldb” > > results in > "IO error: > /mnt/fast/leveldb/91343852333181432387730302044767688728495783936/LOCK: No > such file or directory"} > > Running "riak start" as root has no effect, and I also double checked the > directory permissions. I also manually created the leveldb subdirectory. > Still get the same results. > > > > > > > From: "Matthew Von-Maszewski" <[email protected]> > To: "Joe Olson" <[email protected]> > Cc: "riak-users" <[email protected]> > Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 10:56:24 AM > Subject: Re: LevelDB > > Joe, > > Long story short, I am slowly rebuilding my debug setup. Taking longer than > I thought. I suspect, but have not yet verified, that if you add one more > line: > > leveldb.data_root=“./leveldb” > > … your troubles will go away. If you test that before I do, let me know your > results. I will get the documentation updated if it works. > > Matthew > > > On Jun 8, 2015, at 10:37 AM, Joe Olson <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > Here you go. Thanks for the help. My riak.conf is mostly stock, except for > the LevelDB changes. > > > > > > From: "Matthew Von-Maszewski" <[email protected]> > To: "Mr. Technology" <[email protected]> > Cc: "riak-users" <[email protected]> > Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 9:08:00 AM > Subject: Re: LevelDB > > There is a script macro that puts paths together during program start. I > will go look at that. > > It would help if you would send your riak.conf file. > > Matthew > > > On Jun 5, 2015, at 7:48 PM, Mr. Technology <[email protected]> wrote: > > After installing Riak 2.1.1 on a 5 node Centos7 based test cluster, I > followed the instructions at > http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/backends/leveldb/ to attempt > to configure a tiered LevelDB backend. > > My /etc/riak/riak.conf: > > storage_backend = leveldb > leveldb.tiered = 4 > leveldb.tiered.path.fast = /mnt/fast > leveldb.tiered.path.slow = /mnt/slow > > Upon start, riak crashes with the following message in the log: > > ** > {function_clause,[{riak_kv_vnode,terminate,[{bad_return_value,{stop,{db_open,"IO > error: > /mnt/fast//var/lib/riak/leveldb/159851741583067506678528028578343455274867621888/LOCK: > No such file or > directory"}}},undefined],[{file,"src/riak_kv_vnode.erl"},{line,1155}]},{riak_core_vnode,terminate,3,[{file,"src/riak_core_vnode.erl"},{line,907}]},{gen_fsm,terminate,7,[{file,"gen_fsm.erl"},{line,597}]},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,239}]}]} > > I assume the error is due to riak trying to write to the bogus path: > > /mnt/fast//var/lib/riak/leveldb/159851741583067506678528028578343455274867621888/LOCK > > (bogus due to the double slash above) > > Is this a bug, erroneous documentation, or a configuration problem?? I > followed the example as closely as I could. > > > _______________________________________________ > riak-users mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com > > > <riak.conf> > > > >
_______________________________________________ riak-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
