Hi Jaska,

The error "ERROR: OTP release 18 does not match required regex R16|17"
indicates that your system Erlang is not one of the versions that Riak
2.x can be built with. Specifically, Erlang OTP 18 is too new, and you
should be using either Erlang R16 or Erlang R17. I would recommend
using the version of Erlang that Basho ships with new releases,
R16B02-basho8, which can be found at the link below.
https://github.com/basho/otp/tree/OTP_R16B02_basho8

Best regards,
-Drew