Hi all,

I'm having an issue with stored multiValued fields in Riak search not being
stored the way I would expect.

If I use the default schema, and store the following JSON document (from
the documentation
<http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.1.1/dev/using/search/#Extractors>)

{"people_ss": ["Ryan", "Eric", "Brett"]}

and then search with the query "people_ss:Ryan", the document that I get
back contains "people_ss": ["Ryan", "Eric", "Brett"], as I would expect.

However, if I instead create the document

{"people_ss": ["Ryan"]}

then searching with the query "people_ss:Ryan" results in a document with
"people_ss": "Ryan", where the value associated with "people_ss" is a
string, not a list of strings as I would expect.

I couldn't find anything about this in any of the Github issue trackers or
the mailing list. Is this a bug, or desired behaviour? Is there a way to
ensure that lists with a single element are stored in Solr as lists,
instead of as strings?

I'm using the official Riak Python client with Riak 2.1.1 and search
enabled.

Thanks in advance!