The ring size is actually 64.  This is from riak-admin status:

ring_num_partitions : 64
ring_ownership : <<"[{'riak@192.168.40.13',12},\n {'riak@192.168.40.14',12},\n
{'riak@192.168.40.15',12},\n {'riak@192.168.40.27',16},\n
{'riak@192.168.40.28',12}]">>
ring_creation_size : 64

We added more space to the server to get the service started again, but I'd
like to get them balanced a little more than they are now.

Thanks,
Anthony

Inmar Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and intended to be viewed and used solely by the intended recipient.  If you
are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning
it to the sender and delete this copy and all attachments from your system and
destroy any printed copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Notice of Protected Rights:  The removal of any copyright, trademark, or
proprietary legend contained in this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited
without the express, written permission of Inmar, Inc.  Furthermore, the
intended recipient must maintain all copyright notices, trademarks, and
proprietary legends within this e-mail and any attachments in their original
form and location if the e-mail or any attachments are reproduced, printed or
distributed.