Hi Dennis,

I am not the most experienced, but what I do know is that a file that size
causes a great deal of network chatter because it has to handoff that data
to the other nodes in the network and will cause delays in Riak's ability
to send and confirm consistency across the ring. Typically we recommend
that you try to structure your objects to around 1mb or less to ensure
consistent performance. That max object size can vary of course based on
your network / server specs and configuration.

I hope this helps.

Chris