> On Nov 24, 2015, at 4:03 AM, mtakahashi-ivi <mtakaha...@yourinventit.com>
> wrote:
>
> If I use riak search, riak launches solr process.
> After I put half a million objects, Solr process allocates bigger size of
> RAM than I set in search.solr.jvm_options.
> For example, even if I set "-Xmx 512", Solr process allocates 2GB of memory.
> My questions are
> * How to control max RAM size of a Solr process?
> * What the off-heap memory is used for?

Hi Masanori,

Can you please provide the full and exact value you have for the
search.sol.jvm_options property? Better yet, your full Riak config file if you
can share it.

As for off-heap memory, I don’t believe Solr utilizes off-heap memory in any
way. Do you have any indication otherwise?

--
Jason Voegele
"Most of us, when all is said and done, like what we like and make up reasons