Hi all,

I have used M3.2xlarge instances in the past because of the compute(8CPU)/memory(30GB RAM)combo. I also played around with C3.8xlarge's using similar to test against the same dataset for performance and was able to double the performance.

I am to create a new cluster with 1.5 mil records occupying ~ 15GB.

I was looking at general community feedback to see what successes people have had with EC2 instance types and their Riak/levelDB.

What is a good instance for this? High Memory? High Compute? or Both?

I am thinking of using 5 x M4.2xlarge 8CPU/32GB RAM for this with Provisioned IOPS but I am thinking of stepping down to 5 x M4.xlarge instead (4CPU/16GB) which would be ~$1000/month less for cost. I'll build it today, init the data, and start load testing. As with Riak, I could always add the appropriate EC2 type nodes later and subtract the inadequate ones.

Thanks in advance,

Robert