Thanks to you both for the good info. I'd still love to hear from some basho folks about good ways to document this.

-DB

On 2/17/16 4:03 AM, Damien Krotkine wrote:
There is an easier way to do it, by using the advanced config file
(usually /etc/riak/advanced.config )

Here is an example, where I use advanced.config to add a vm_args
configuration fields. So I suppose you could use the same syntax to add
your -env option:

[
{vm_args, [
            {'-s my_app', ""},
            {'-s my_other_app', ""}
           ]}
].

Note to Basho people: this is not very well documented (if at all), and
I've seen many people ask about it (be it for vm options, or adding
paths, etc). It might be useful to ad some documentation section about it.

Cheers,
dams