David: riak_kv is actually a (semi)independent library we incorporate (along with many others) into Riak, the product. There are times where riak_kv, the library, is actually not versioned when we release a new Riak, so those two version numbers are not necessarily going to always be the same.
Doug Rohrer > On Apr 22, 2016, at 2:28 PM, David Byron <[email protected]> wrote: > > I'm pondering upgrading riak from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4 and got myself confused > confirming that I really am running 2.1.3 at the moment. > > I installed riak from here: > https://packagecloud.io/basho/riak/packages/ubuntu/trusty/riak_2.1.3-1_amd64.deb. > > and all of this looks promising: > > $ riak version > 2.1.3 > > $ ls /usr/lib/riak/releases/ > 2.1.3 RELEASES start_erl.data > > $ dpkg -l | grep riak > ii riak 2.1.3-1 amd64 Riak is a distributed data store > > but then there's also this: > > $ sudo riak-admin status | grep riak_kv_version > riak_kv_version : <<"2.1.2-0-gf969bba">> > > I really wanted riak_kv_version to say 2.1.3-<something>. > > I'm clearly paranoid, but can someone help me feel better about this? > > Thanks much. > > -DB > > _______________________________________________ > riak-users mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com _______________________________________________ riak-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
