Hello everyone -

I have confirmed that precommit hooks are correctly called in a 3-node
environment, running on the same VM. Riak was both started by and is
running as a local user account (no "root" permissions necessary).

Overview of the verification process can be found here:
https://gist.github.com/lukebakken/4c097233e2bfc4bf81233ce5581bde1d

I built Riak using these commands:

git clone git://github.com/basho/riak
cd riak && git co riak-2.1.4
make locked-deps
make stagedevrel DEVNODES=3

Sanket -

At this point, all indication is that this issue is due to something
specific to your environment. Since Amazon Linux is based on CentOS /
RedHat, the official packages for one of those distros *should* work.
I recommend that you use three separate servers and install official
packages on them, which should resolve this issue.

If you start over from a source build *and* require multiple nodes to
run on the same server, please use "make stagedevrel DEVNODES=3"
rather than "make rel". This should correctly create three dev
directories, each with a separate Riak ready to run in them. Note that
this is *not* a supported production environment, but is appropriate
for testing.

Thanks -

--
Luke Bakken