It might also make a lot of sense to roll your own secondary indices. That
is, have a CRDT set represent the primary key of the rows which meet the 2i
condition. In that, you can query the CRDT set, and ensure some level of
consistency. There are further tricks to be played here if interested.

I'm curious, what is your data model?