Kyle -

The CN should be either the DNS-resolvable host name of the Riak node,
or its IP address (without "riak@"). Then, the Java client should be
configured to use that to connect to the node (either DNS or IP).
Without doing that, I really don't have any idea how the Java client
is validating the server certificate during TLS handshake. Did you
configure the client to *not* validate the server cert?

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer