Hi Vikram,

Bucket maximums aside, why are you modeling in this fashion? How will you
retrieve individual keys if you don't know the time stamp in advance? Do you
have a lookup somewhere else? Doable as lookup keys or crdts or other systems.
Are you relying on listing all keys in a bucket? Definitely don't do that.

Yes, there is a better way. Use Riak TS. Create a table with a composite
primary key of topic and time. You can then retrieve by topic equality and time
range. You can then cache those results in deterministic keys as necessary.

If you don't already know, Riak TS is basically (there are some notable
differences) Riak KV plus the time series data model. Riak TS makes all sorts
of time series oriented projects easier than modeling them against KV. Oh, and
you can also leverage KV buckets alongside TS (resource limitations not
withstanding.)

Would love to hear more,
Alexander

@siculars