Hi Daniel,

How many nodes?
-You should be using 5 minimum if you using the default config. There
are reasons.

How much ram per node?
-As you noted, in Riak CS, 1MB file chunks are stored in bitcask.
Their key names and some overhead consume memory.

How many objects (files)? What is the average file size?
-If your size distribution significantly skews < 1MB that means you
will have a bunch of files in bitcask eating up ram.

Kota was a former Basho engineer who worked on CS... That said, Basho
may not support a non standard deployment.

-Alexander