Hi Jordan,

We are going to add GROUP BY time interval in Riak TS 1.6, tentatively
scheduled for late March or early April 2017. Additionally, you might
consider using Riak Spark Connector [1] to perform aggregations and
downsampling - this is available today. Depending on the amount of data,
using Spark might be more efficient option even after we add aggregation by
time.

[1] https://github.com/basho/spark-riak-connector

Best,
Pavel

*Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:17:57 +0000From: Jordan Ganoff
<jor...@ganoff.com <jor...@ganoff.com>>To: riak-users@lists.basho.com
<riak-users@lists.basho.com>Subject: Riak TS and downsampling?Message-ID:
      <canoyw-zpuwk9uwpnfdwlyev1j04-lmkywqwh_dfwderwmkh...@mail.gmail.com
<canoyw-zpuwk9uwpnfdwlyev1j04-lmkywqwh_dfwderwmkh...@mail.gmail.com>>Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="utf-8"Hi,Is it possible to downsample a table as part
of a query? Specifically, togroup and aggregate a given table's records at
a less granular level thanthe rows are stored in the table using an
aggregation technique. Most timeseries databases offer a way to either
precompute (reindex) at differentgranularities or query with an aggregation
function. I haven't foundanything like GROUP BY time(1h) in the docs. Am I
missing something?Thanks,Jordan*