Hello,

I wanted to understand the production requirements for using Riak as a
non-persistent ephemeral data store. In particular the following questions
relate to using Riak with “memory” configured as storage backend:

1.       What is the “platform_data_dir” used for when memory is used as
storage backend? Is it only needed for active anti-entropy and cluster
metadata? Do I need to persist this data i.e. if a node goes down and restarts
in this configuration, is persistence of data in “platform_data_dir” required.

2.       What is the minimum memory requirement of an empty Riak node in this
configuration?

3.       What is the minimum disk and CPU requirement of a Riak node in this
configuration?

--
Regards,
Neeraj Poddar