Hi Raghu,
At present Riak is still stuck on the r16 basho OTP. This will change next
year. For now, and the next release of riak, r16 is the compiler you need.

If you want to use riak_repl with open source riak, there are a couple of
options. There is the 2.2.4 tag in the basho riak repo, which bet365 kindly put
together when riak_repl was open sourced. Cloning https://github.com/basho/riak
and checking out tag 2.2.4, then running `make rel` will get you a local
release of OS riak as it was at 2.2.3 + riak_repl. Someone did mention maybe
building packages of 2.2.4, if you’d rather download than build your own, but I
don’t know if that happened yet.

In order to _use_ MDC you can follow the docs on basho’s site
http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.3/configuring/v3-multi-datacenter/.

There is a branch develop-2.2.5 which is the active work for the next release
of riak, which will contain riak_repl.  We plan to release riak-2.2.5 (OS
riak+repl, and some small features+bug fixes) in early 2018.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Russell