Andrew,

Your proposed changes sound like very well considered and welcome improvements.

What is going to be the strategy for merging?

Do you intend to publish to feature branches and make pull requests main
development branches with community review?

Are the changes going to be targeted at the existing 2.* line or 3.0?

Progress towards 3.* (switch to modern Erlang/rebar3/leveled/new AAE) has been
slow, it may be expeditious to target the 2.* line.

Bryan