>I am planning to purchase a powder diffraction search-match program.
>Presently I have tested a demo version of Crystallographica only. I would
>sincerely appreciate your comments on what you experienced.
>Best Regards            Natale Perchiazzi

Could you summarize the answers ? Thanks

Armel Le Bail

PS - Most of us probably have no choice than to use the
search-match software sold with the last-bought powder diffractometer.
So I use EVA from Socabim, and it "search-matches" quite well and fast,
provided the data is into PDF-2. Doing a serious comparison between
commercial programs would cost a lot... unless a Round Robin is
organized on the basis of distributed powder patterns of samples (or
mixtures of samples) to be identified. A job for Lachlan if he is not
fired from CCP14 ? He has already a beautiful page on search-match at :
http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/poster-talks/phase-id-1999/html/phaseid.htm

Armel Le Bail - Universite du Maine, Laboratoire des Fluorures,
CNRS ESA 6010, Av. O. Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 9, France
http://www.cristal.org/