>Which would you go for?

In that order :
The more robust machine (after all, they cost like a house
but they are not guaranteed more than one year, which is
ridiculous - car manufacturers compete on the guarantee
length, why not powder diffractometer manufacturers ?),
fulfilling all my special needs, and with the best resolution,
the highest flux, etc.

Does this machine exist ? No. I have never seen one able
to run more than a few months without big problems ! Does
Honda intends to build some ? With their robustness reputation,
they could lead the market soon ;-).

Even some neutron powder diffractometers have problems...
if not the reactor itself. Such is life.

Armel Le Bail
http://sdpd.univ-lemans.fr/course/