Thanks for the answers to my question about neutron scattering (not reactors) in Argentina, Egypt and Peru.  As some of you guessed, it was not a completely innocent question, and we ourselves have recruited a scientist from the Argentinian facility so have some first hand information there.

I find the answers below most useful; the report in Neutron News in particular escaped my attention.  Thanks again for the quick and comprehensive response.

See IAEA database of research reactors http://www.iaea.org/worldatom/rrdb/  (Martyn Bull)

See also: http://www.ch.iucr.org/cww-top/rad.index.html (Howard Flack)

The Egyptian facility was featured in the last (Vol 11, Issue 2) Neutron News (Steve King)
(If you don't have it, I (AH) have a PDF version).

For Argentina, try http://www.cab.cnea.gov.ar/ (Spencer Howells)

Start at www.invap.com.ar because all were built by the Argentineans.
A database has been assembled by Brian Dodd at www.iaea.or.at/worldatom/rrdb
Bob Williams and Hank Prask

Argentina just won the bid to build the new ANSTO reactor http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/press/2000_06.html (Bill Buyers).

Thanks also to Judith Howard, Ian McLure, Andres Goeta, Mike Johnson, Jaime  Fernandez-Baca and Janet Wallace.

Alan H.

Dr Alan W. Hewat, Diffraction Group Leader,
Institut Laue-Langevin Grenoble FRANCE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> tel (33) 4.76.20.72.13
ftp://ftp.ill.fr/pub/dif    fax (33) 4.76.20.76.48    http://www.ill.fr/dif/