Hi everyone,

        I have some data where I suspect that an atom rather than sitting
exactly on a special position is actually displaced off of it, and should
essentially form a torus around it.  I think I overheard that there is the
possibility of using toroidal displacement factors in one of the more common
programs.  Could someone give me a pointer in that direction if it is
possible at all?

        Thanks, AlexY

Dr. Alexandre F. T. Yokochi
Assistant Professor (Senior Research)
Director, X-ray Crystallographic Facilities
Department of Chemistry
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-4003

Ph#  (541) 737-6724     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fax# (541) 737-2062     Web Page: crystal.chem.orst.edu/~alexy (temporarily
unavailable)