Kurt,
I mean heavy in the atomic number.

Liliana

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Kurt Leinenweber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Thu 2/26/2004 2:21 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: RE: Re: thermal parameters at low temperature

        Wait!  I have to mention - the "heaviness" of atoms (atomic
number Z) is
        important in x-ray diffraction, but is uncorrelated with the
neutron
        scattering factor for the nuclei.  When you say heavy, do you
mean the
        highly scattering ones for neutrons, or the high-Z ones?

                                - Kurt

        -------

        Kurt Leinenweber
        Department of Chemistry