This sounds like a x-ray resonant scattering problem. A few years back we did some Fe K and Ni K-edge measurements on NiFe2O4 - unfortunately nothing was published. They are tricky to do well, but could give you the information that you seem to want. If you decide to do this I would suggest three wavelengths - below the Fe and Ni K-edges and at much higher energy > 15 keV.

                                Angus