I am using the software Quanto to quantify some "simple" patterns, mixes of
calcite and quartz.

I read a lot of information about Rietveld, but I have not enough
knowledgments about crystal structures, PO, etc.

I refined a pattern of 15% of quartz and 85% of calcite. I got a Gof of 1.9
using "Model" in the Structure Factor Calculation Procedure (SFCP), but the
peak shapes were poorly described (I changed the peak-shape functions and
they did not change), but the process got convercence. Then I put the Le
Bail option in the SFCP, I got a Gof of 1.1 (the peak-shapes were better
than in "Model"), but the process did not get convergence. In both cases, I
put the G parameters to correct the PO.

WHY?