There is an example of doing this using the Rietica software at:

http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/solution/powder_structure_solution_pathways/cimetidine_lebail_lhpm.html

This includes a zip file with examples of the fou HKL file - plus
EXPO starting files with the instructions.  You might have to
use Excel or (easier) the freeware ConTEXT editor in column
editing mode.  http://www.context.cx/
  (toggle Control L for normal and column editing mode)

e.g. for EXPO control file using an existing HKL file,

  %window
  %struct rietica
  %init
  %job Cimetidine
  %data
  wavelength  1.52904
  cell   10.3950   18.8207    6.8254   90.0000  106.4380   90.0000
  space P 21/A
  ref2 xxxxxxx.fou - enter LeBail filename here
  content  XX XX XX XX - enter expected cell contents here.
  %normal
  %continue

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

(please use clear titles in any Email - otherwise messages might
accidentally get put in the SPAM list due to large amount of junk
Email being received. If you don't get an expected reply to any
messages, please try again.)

(Essayez d'utiliser des titres explicites - sans quoi vos messages
pourraient aboutir dans un dossier de rebuts, du fait de la quantite
tres importante de pourriels recue. Si vous n'obtenez pas la reponse
attendue, merci de bien vouloir renvoyer un message.)