At 15:08 15/11/2004 , vous avez écrit:
Dear Ling Fei (& others),
GSAS requires all powder data to be records 80 visible characters long and each terminated with an additional 2 characters (CR & LF). Thus, the length of the file in bytes should be divisible by 82. CNVFILE will try to fix this; it does not do any other formatting. Powder4 evidently does not get this exactly right. GSAS programs that read these files POWPLOT & EXPEDT will attempt to also fix the file, hence the message. Although this "automatic" fix works pretty well, there is a chance it will screw up the data input so it is wise to make sure beforehand that the file does conform to the rules exactly.
The reason for all this is that GSAS reads these files as "direct access" which requires identical length records and the particular format is the only one that works in both Windows and Linux/Unix.
Bob Von Dreele

Hi,
Actually, I think I've seen this error message once but didn't bothered me since GSAS/EXPGUI dealt with it and open the data file. I tried to look into the problem today and found, with two different data sets, converted in both GSAS/ESD and GSAS/STD formats, that the conversion is OK and there is no error message. Is it a problem related to the transfer of the data file between Linux/Win ? Please send me a file (in original format and converted into a Gsas format by Powder4) in order to correct this
Regards,

this is an automatic message

please note the address change :

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Laboratoire d'Etude des Matériaux Hors Equilibre (LEMHE)
UMR 8647 - CNRS
Université Paris XI - Bat 410 - 91405 Orsay Cedex - France
Tel: +33.(0)1.69.15.44.48    Fax: +33.(0)1.69.15.48.19
http://www.lemhe.u-psud.fr