-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Zavalij [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:44 PM
To: rietveld_l@ill.fr

We didn't assume that Ni goes to the Li sites it was the only choice
confirmed by others, and it is not so simple as the full occupancy and
stoichiometry should be measured accurately. BTW sample composition as
well
as sample preparation is a very crucial factor where and what goes.
I believe that Mn1/3Ni1/3Co1/3 is more complex than our composition.

Peter Y. Zavalij
Director, X-ray Crystallographic Laboratory
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
091 Chemistry Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-4454