Dear all, my question is:
I'm refining neutron powder diffraction data of an oxide containing several
metals. In my model I use the nominal composition; generally speaking, is it
meaningful trying to refine the occupation of an atomic species whose
concentration is few percent?

Note that the data were collected with a wavelength and aquiring time focused
on the refinement of cell parameters, atomic positions, isotropic thermal
parameters.
With this quality of data how much reliable are the refined occupancy values?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention, best regards.
Alberto
  • [no subject] amartin
    • Re: matteucci