Just had a look at an old refinement. Shelx came out with a much lower wR2 (few percent) than GSAS (12/14 %). I think I used hklf 5 and shelx should sum over peaks, not the contributing reflections as in Rietveld. Would have to investigate further, but I notice shelx had a gof (or chi^2) of 1 and fiddles with the weights to make it so. Given the fit in question was pretty good (for LaB6) it does seem surprising that R(F**2) from Rietveld is suggesting that the intensities are on average wrong by more than 10%.

I would also have expected the Rietveld value to be too low, but it came out the other way around. Maybe due to summing over more peaks. How about your case Freidrich? Lots of people must have a silicon pattern around for testing this out themselves...

Best,

Jon