Dear Congwu,

Maybe your Mo K-Alpha contribution gets a lot of stronger if you would
range the kV settings of your X-ray generator. As a rule of thumb, you
need an acceleration voltage that is about 4 x higher than the
characteristic energy in keV. In other words, I would advise to run your
source at 60 keV instead of 35 keV. Your Mo K-Alpha lines are probably
very  low compared to the bremsstrahlung.

With best regards,
Martijn

Dr. Martijn J. Fransen
Product Manager XRD
PANalytical
Lelyweg 1
7602 EA  Almelo, The Netherlands
Phone ++31 546 534 345
Fax ++ 31 546 534 598

 PANalytical
The Analytical X-ray Company

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s).
use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

gregor
01/25/2007 05:06 PM
Please respond to
rietveld_l@ill.fr

rietveld_l@ill.fr
cc

Subject
Re: Strange peaks from grainy Si (data re-attached)

Dear Congwu,
as you put it, it definitely seems that you don't get out the MoK
radiation from your collimator. Control the alignment and make sure
the beam hits your sample.

best

miguel