Dear all,

I would appreciate any comments for the following problem.

I have been studying samples (ABO2) with a rather simple R -3 m structure.
Although I had expected their neutron powder diffraction refinement should be
simple, I encountered a strange problem. Many of the peak positions are quite
off from where they should be. For instance, I singled out and refine (0 0 3),
(0 0 6), (0 0 9) & (0 0 12) separately. Quite strangely, (0 0 6) peak is
noticeably off when (0 0 3), (0 0 9) and (0 0 12) are good. For full
refinements, such problem shows up for several peaks. I see same trend from
data measured at two different instruments: CW and TOF. FYI, the peak profiles
are quite Lorentzian and asymmetric.

Anybody have experiences such a problem, and/or have suggestions what is going
on? I would greatly appreciate.

Jae-Ho

*************************************
 Jae-Ho Chung, Ph.D.