Thank you for the answer Mr. Omotoso

So it will be 7 Coka lines plus one CoKb line from the TOPAS. But the CokB.lam has 3 CokB emission lines, wich one should I pick?! And the fix Lorentz half width will always be 0.6462?! And how do I know if my CoKa/Kb ratio is constant?!

Regards,

Leandro

From: "Omotoso, Oladipo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <rietveld_l@ill.fr>
Subject: RE:   Emission profile determination using the TOPAS software
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 12:13:53 -0400

You may find it useful to add a Cokb emmision line (1.620794 A) to the 7 CoKa lines. Topas has a list of the CoKb lines. Using an instrument profile standard such as LaB6 or Si, refine the emmission line area while fixing the Lorentz half width to 0.6462 (value given for the CoKb emmission line). If your CoKa/Kb ratio is always constant for the instrument, you may fix the area, then save the new emmission profile for use in subsequent refinements. Note that the CoKb emmission line area is just another parameter to be added when creating an instrument profile function.

Dipo Omotoso