Hello all,

We utilize a Mar 345 image plate to collect x-ray diffraction rings from powder
through a transmission configuration. It appears that the image plate generates
a large background that increases as 2theta angles increase. Does anyone know
of software or some type of procedure that I can use to subtract this
background from my diffraction patterns. I currently use Fit2D to convert the
2-D rings to 1-D diffraction patterns. I would like to be able to subtract the
background with minimal human intervention (preferably in a high throughput,
computer controlled / automatic manner).

Thank you.

Yetta Porter
Chemist Research Scientist
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory