Dear Rietvelders,

does anyone please let me know if there are some mistakes one can do when trying to use both bond lengths and angles restraints in GSAS? It is probably something trivial. I can't find why, when I try to refine a structure (monoclinic or triclinic) with bond angles restraints on the octahedral positions of oxygen, the bond distances restraints work perfectly but bond angles restraints don’t. I restraint bond angles of oxygen-metal-oxygen to 90(3) with a high FACTR but apparently these values are not retained and shift to mach smaller of bigger values. Initial starting values are within the correct range, and restraints are put on atoms within close bonding distance of each other.
Thank you for your help.
Matteo

   Dr. Matteo Zoppi
   Museo di Storia Naturale - Sezione di Mineralogia
   Università degli Studi di Firenze
   Via G. La Pira, 4 – 50121 Firenze, ITALY
   Tel. +39 055 2756340
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]