Hi Blaise

In Bragg-Brentano mode, sample spinning does nothin for PO. This is because the
diffraction vector is normal to the sample surface, and sample spinning rotates
along this vector.

Spinning does increase your particle statistics, which almost always helps.

If you're looking at a capillary, spinning the capillary does help with PO, but
just being in a capillary helps PO.

As to spinning speeds, a good guide is one revolution per data point.

Cheers

Matthew

Matthew Rowles

CSIRO Minerals