Works fine for me in 10.5.6. But I am using the modified X11 from:

<http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/Releases>

Which has several improvements over the official Apple X11 release. You might
try installing this and try again.

Andrew

On 1/19/09 9:10 AM, "Dimitri Argyriou" <argyr...@helmholtz-berlin.de> wrote:

Hi All,

I seem to have a serious problems with starting expgui either via the
expgui.app or the command line since I change the system from 10.4 to
10.5.

If I use expgui.app, X windows starts as normal, then one see the
expgui.app application on the background but after a few minutes a
window appears telling you that apple events has a time out.

Have any of you experienced this problem and if so how did you fix it ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
D.

--
E. Andrew Payzant
Senior R&D Staff Member

Oak Ridge National Laboratory
1 Bethel Valley Road
PO Box 2008, MS 6064
Building 4515, Room 113
Oak Ridge, TN, 37831-6064

ph: (865) 574-6538   FAX: (865) 574-3940
web: <http://html.ornl.gov/dtpgrp/staff/payzant.html>