Thanks, Nicolae, for the didactic comment, but I must add that the expression

pol = SIN(PSI)**2 + COS(PSI)**2*COS(2*TET1)**2*COS(2*TET2)**2
*.....*COS(2*TETm)**2*COS(2*TETb)**2

is an idealization and the real polarization factor may deviate notably from
the idealized one depending on the crystal type (perfection/mosaicity) and
other factors especially for multi-bounce systems. So, regarding the
polarization factor of a real system in use, it is better to either consult the
manufacturer or try determining it experimentally, for example, by measuring
the same standard sample with and without monochromator.

Leonid

 Leonid A. Solovyov
 Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
 660049, K. Marx 42, Krasnoyarsk , Russia
 www.icct.ru/eng/content/persons/Sol_LA
 www.geocities.com/l_solovyov