Peter is correct, you should use very small step sizes for this material, and it is important NOT to strip anything when attempting to determine U, V, and W. You should also collect data over a very wide angular range, ideally up as high as you can go. Incident- and diffracted-beam Soller slits are a must with a conventional diffractometer.

When I determined "instrument parameters" using LaB6, I was able to refine GU, V, and W (to fairly small values, on the order of 2-8). I then use these values with refinements for any other materials, initially refining only LX and LY (but never again GU, V, and W). I found that this approach worked well and gives what appear to be realistic values for strain and crystallite size.

Dave