Sorry about the confusion on the instrument configuration. I am new to
the field of x-ray diffraction. Hopefully this helps.
The Bruker D8 uses reflection geometry and a THETA : THETA goniometer,
where the x-ray source and detector can be move simultaneously on the
arms of the goniometer.  The x-ray source is Cu and is directed at a
Bruker multipurpose Si Gobel mirror which reflects a parallel beam of
Cu K-alpha (1&2) radiation at a 2-bounce Ge(022) analyzer crystal.  As
I understand it, the analyzer crystal filters our the K-alpha 2 peak,
producing monochromatic K-alpha 1radiation. There are no soller slits
on the primary side of the instrument. The beam is directed at the
specimen and the diffracted beam passes through a set of soller slits
and then to the point detector.
Thanks,
Patrick