Hello! I'm not conversant with Raman spectroscopy, but I wouldn't recommend EDS analyses for precisely establishing chemical composition, especially if You mean analyzing the 3D (not thin section) samples scanning electron microscope equipped with EDS - it would just be laden with error connected especially with the part of background. I've been trying to recalculate some EDS analyses performed on SEM and only at times it was more or less approximate. EMPA is a very good tool for chemical analyses in microarea, especially for garnets (as its chemical zoning can be analysed very precisely), but good results can sometimes be obtained also for 'difficult' (i.e. fine-grained) minerals like clay minerals. I think the best way for defining the unit cell parameters would be to get them from PXRD of the samples, i.e. using TOPAS program. With best regards,
Lukasz Kruszewski