Geert,

I think that is normal behavior, everything in this class is simply delegated to Spring. I updated the text to be a bit more precise about it.

For more info, just look at the source code:
https://svn.rifers.org/rife/trunk/src/framework/com/uwyn/rife/rep/ participants/ParticipantSpringWeb.java

In ParticipantSpringWeb, the value of ParticipantSpringWeb is used to set an attribute. But in ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext there is:

String configLocation = servletContext.getInitParameter(CONFIG_LOCATION_PARAM);

and so the ParticipantSpringWeb value is not get here to set configLocation.

So it's always the default location which is used
(/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml)

Did I miss something?

Pierre