What would you call a customized mechanism here?
The authentication module works beautifully, and allows you to just
snap it in/out of your app as you please. I will be glad to lead you
through the authentication module, as you are probably facing the very
same problems I had when I tried to use it.

Can you say specifically how you want to achieve authentication.

Emmanuel

ps: I am working on a tutorial for it, but it probably won't be ready
till about the weekend.