Geert,

i'm using the generic query mgr; the account bean is pasted below.

Thanks,
Emmanuel

--- Account.java ---
package friends.beans;

import java.util.Calendar;
import java.util.Date;

import com.uwyn.rife.cmf.CmfProperty;
import com.uwyn.rife.cmf.CmfValidation;

import friends.util.Countries;

public class Account extends CmfValidation {

        protected void activateValidation() {
                addConstraint(new
CmfProperty(ID).identifier(true).editable(false));
                addConstraint(new
CmfProperty(USER_ID).notNull(true).unique(true));
                addConstraint(new
CmfProperty(EMAIL).notNull(true).notEmpty(true).email(true)/* (relaxed
for testing).unique(true)*/);
                addConstraint(new CmfProperty(SEX).inList(SEX_IDS));
                addConstraint(new
CmfProperty(COUNTRY).inList(Countries.getIds(COUNTRY)));
                addConstraint(new CmfProperty(CREATED).notNull(true));
        }

        public Date getBirthdate() {
                return birthdate;
        }

        public String getCountry() {
                return country;
        }

        public Date getCreated() {
                return created;
        }

        public String getEmail() {
                return email;
        }

        public String getFirstname() {
                return firstname;
        }

        public int getId() {
                return id;
        }

        public String getLastname() {
                return lastname;
        }

        public String getLocation() {
                return location;
        }

        public String getSex() {
                return sex;
        }

        public long getUserId() {
                return userId;
        }

        public int getVisibility() {
                return visibility;
        }
        public void setBirthdate(Date dob) {
                this.birthdate = dob;
        }
        public void setCountry(String countryId) {
                this.country = countryId;
        }
        public void setCreated(Date created) {
                this.created = created;
        }
        public void setEmail(String email) {
                this.email = email;
        }
        public void setFirstname(String firstname) {
                this.firstname = firstname;
        }

        public void setId(int id) {
                this.id = id;
        }
        public void setLastname(String lastname) {
                this.lastname = lastname;
        }

        public void setLocation(String location) {
                this.location = location;
        }

        public void setSex(String sex) {
                this.sex = sex;
        }

        public void setUserId(long n) {
                this.userId = n;
        }

        public void setVisibility(int visibility) {
                this.visibility = visibility;
        }

        public static final String ID = "id";

        //TODO: move into the RoleUser class
        public static final String USER_ID = "userId";
        public static final String EMAIL = "email";
        public static final String SEX = "sex";
        public static final String FIRSTNAME = "firstname";
        public static final String LASTNAME = "lastname";
        public static final String CREATED = "created";
        public static final String COUNTRY = "country";
        public static final String LOCATION = "location";

        public static final int MAX_AGE = 85;
        public static final int MIN_AGE = 12;

        private static final String[] SEX_IDS = {"M", "F", "X"};

        private int id = -1;
        private Date birthdate;
        private Date created = Calendar.getInstance().getTime();
        private String email;

        //TODO: move profile specific info
        private String firstname;
        private String lastname;