Hi,

ok to make it short. I introduce myself a bit. As mentioned in my previous mail.

If have some years on java development, as a fulltime developer and as a student. My focus was web development and generators in a B2B Company. Worked with Struts for some time and wrapped it in a
own framework, but that doesn`t make the things better.

I`currently working on my Bachelor Thesis in Computer Science and use RIFE as the Target Framework for an
MDSD (Model Driven Software Development) Tool as an Eclipse Plugin.

The Thesis will contain a Eclipse Plug-In to model a web application and generate the application from the model. If i can get it the generation process will take care to do not overwrite the parts written by the developer. One Option to do this is by using Protected
Areas, but that will be done in 1-2 weeks.

I try to make it abstract to be used with other web framework (or even RoR). But at the
moment i only support RIFE.

The Version in my thesis will only contain the basic functionality, because lack of time. But after the thesis i will contribute the sources to RIFE to be extenden and hopefully be
useful.

The Thesis will end on 24.2.2006 and i will hopefully finish before the 15.2. After this i have to held my colloquium and then I`m finished. (If nothing goes wrong.)

Geert did mention a book down the line; i for one won't mind
contributing a few chapters to that endeavor.

Maybe there`s place for an Model Editor Chapter ;)

I think it`s better to grow slow and got
instead of the quick hype that ends after two years.

I believe so too; and people like Bruce Tate are singing it's
praises... and if you already know java, you don't have a lot of
reasons for not using Rife as-is now; and it will only get better :)

correct :)

Ok enough poor man english :)

cu on irc, odo (_odo_ without the underscores is reserverd by someone else)