I think the rife framework source tree shd be broken up into its
proper constituent modules to properly demarcate what the optional
packages are and also to make dependencies more clearer.

currently, the way i understand it, the source tree holds the core
framework (engine, cmf, config, rep, resources, site, xml),
authenticatation, tools (i'm not sure if this is part of the core
framework), gui (optional), database (optional in a way?), mail
(optional?), scheduler (not sure where this belongs yet), swing (part
of gui?)

I'm asking for this because I'm not sure exactly what to limit myself
to (or what else gets broken) when I'm looking to make changes
locally. Demacating the code into proper modules (not just packages)
shd also it easier to track bugs/send patches up.

Or is there a way to properly download these individually (together
with dependencies) without corrupting the tree with extraneous source
files?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
eokyere