Quoting Geert Bevin:
> >SO ... is there a way to execute code _before_ the driver is loaded ?
>
> The driver should only be loaded when your datasources are initialized.
> So if you add another blocking participant that executes before the
> datasource initialization, you should be able to alter the system
> properties.

*slaps forehead*

Of course !  Very good.

My rep/participants.xml currently looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE rep SYSTEM "/dtd/rep.dtd">
<rep>
  <participant param="rep/config.xml">ParticipantConfig</participant>
  <participant param="rep/datasources.xml">ParticipantDatasources</participant>
  <participant param="rep/users.xml">ParticipantMemoryUsers</participant>
  <participant blocking="true">my.rep.MyParticipant</participant>
  <participant blocking="true"
param="sites/mysite.xml">ParticipantSite</participant>
</rep>

Since I can use << blocking="true" >> to strictly
 sequence the execution of these, I just need to
drop in a new participant btwn Config & Datasources.

fred