Hi Ray,

they easiest way is to use Integer instead of int and rely on the null value to make it blank when nothing is filled in.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Geert

On 02 Oct 2006, at 20:42, Ray Vanderborght wrote:

Hello Rifers,

I'm just getting started using RIFE, and am wondering what's the best way to create an optional number input field. I want it to appear blank on the form, and have a valid range of 1 to 100 (or blank; represented by -1 or somesuch). If I use an int, the input field is never blank (since the int has to have a value). Should I use a string to represent this instead? I'd just go do that, but I'd like to still be able to use the rangeBegin() and rangeEnd() constraints... any other options?

--
Why "re-invent the wheel?"
Because this time we can make it rounder!

Geert Bevin
Uwyn "Use what you need" - http://uwyn.com
RIFE Java application framework - http://rifers.org
Music and words - http://gbevin.com